This course includes:
- 6 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- NO requirements or prerequisites
The course provides an overview of the principles of nutritional science. Subject matter includes description and functions of nutrients, digestion and absorption, effects of nutrient deficiencies and toxicities, requirements, food sources, nutrient interactions, dietary guidelines, and the role of nutrition in health and disease
This is a flexible learning course allowing you to complete the course as a whole at your own pace. Within each module the overall pace is up to you, however, the sections must be done in order
The course aims at developing basic understanding about nutrition, its effect on human health and newer advances in food technology. This course encompasses physiological, biochemical and social aspects of food and discusses relationship between metabolites and human health. Moreover, the course is focused on the advances in the most emerging area of applied science of Nutraceuticals (where food is the medicine). The knowledge of nutrition under extreme climate conditions, space nutrition, and sports nutrition empowers students’ knowledge and skills to utilize food as a powerful tool for physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
1. The course provides a detailed insight into understanding the composition, molecular interaction and bio-mechanisms of the food metabolites. 2. The course has a multidisciplinary emphasis providing a broad base of knowledge and understanding of the wide role of nutrition in sustaining health and preventing diseases. 3. It introduces students to most advanced aspects of food and nutrition to serve space nutrition, sports nutrition, understand genetically modified food, functional foods etc.
The course is aimed to enable students to gain knowledge about interaction between food, body and health under normal and special circumstances
To provide students with the knowledge of basic terminology and several aspects of nutrition and the functions of food in healthy life sustenance; • To ensure that students are familiar with the food classification, nutrition during special conditions and role of special functional food; • To equip students with knowledge and understanding of modern aspects of nutritional science and food usage
A successful completion of this course will enable students to: – summarize and critically discuss/ understand both fundamental and applied aspects of food science. They will be able to explain functions of specific nutrients in maintaining health, identifying nutrient specific foods and apply principles from the various facets of food science and related disciplines to solve practical as well as real-world problems. – use current information technologies to locate and apply evidence-based guidelines and protocols and get imparted with critical thinking to take leadership roles in fields of health, dietetics, special nutritional needs and nutritional counseling.
Who this course is for:
- anyone who is interested in learning about weight loss and muscle gain
- Anyone who is interested in nutrition and dieting