Best-Practice Procurement Concepts and Tools in Action
This course includes:
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- Basic understanding of procurement and sourcing processes and governance
This course isn’t about general procurement, supplier management, or negotiations. Such training is abundant elsewhere on Udemy.
As a consultant and tutor, I can spend long hours explaining each topic in detail. I will overwhelm you with information, which may be sometimes difficult to digest and operationalize. It takes years of hands-on experience to learn how to process the theoretical constructs into light and valuable tools for daily use.
Putting on our students’ shoes, we tried to answer simple yet essential questions that make sense for every procurement professional.
– How to apply Agile methodology in procurement?
– How to excel in strategic sourcing?
– How to deliver more value?
– How to work more effectively?
Each section of our course should provide a few possible answers by offering concepts, techniques, and tools and trying them on practical cases. Then it’s up to you to judge which solution – any or all of those – you can take to your office the next day upon finishing this course and optimize the ways of working.
Key topics of this course include:
1. Definitions of Agile. Iron Triangle of Project Management. The actual cost of Time-to-Market. Agile supplier selection. Fixed-scope negotiations.
2. Reverse marketing. Strategic procurement vs. purchasing. Sourcing strategy. Alternatives to the RFP process.
3. The evolution of the procurement process. TCO and value-based procurement. Sourcing levers. Value delivery.
4. Buying channels. Spend profile analysis. Value stream mapping for business-process optimization.
We will also propose a dozen practical exercises and cases to try these and decide what fits better.
If this course succeeds, we will keep amending it with new concepts and exercises. Our duty in procurement is far from over, and we gain new experiences daily to share with the audience.
Who this course is for:
- Procurement professionals looking for practical ways to buy better, deliver more value, and work efficiently
- Procurement experts and newcomers seeking best-practice concepts and tools