Learn job costing using Xero from a practicing CPA.
This course includes:
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of completion
- None – Xero generally provides a free 30 day trial (great tool)
This Xero Job Costing course will provide the resources for learners to develop a solid understanding of job costing concepts and the tools Xero provides to create an effective job costing system.
We will discuss the process of setting up Xero for a job costing system.
The course will describe the terminology used by software and by the industry, such as jobs, sub customers, and projects.
Learners will understand how to set up projects and how they function to track costs and revenue per job.
We will cover how to enter bills and allocate costs to jobs using forms such as bill forms and expense forms.
The course will discuss the concept of a double-sided or two-sided items, how to create them, and why they are necessary for job costing.
Learners will know how to apply materials to jobs.
We will discuss how to apply direct labor to a job.
The course will show how to apply overhead to jobs.
Learners will be able to create invoices for the job using either the estimate or the actual billed costs.
Who this course is for:
- Business professionals in an industry using job costing
- Accounting professionals who want to learn job costing
- Students who want to apply job costing concepts to accounting software